Festival Foods Shake the Lake will take place on Saturday, June 29th!
- Where do I park?
All of the downtown ramps will be open to the public, with the exception of the Monona Terrace parking ramp. Click here for more parking information.
- Is there a cost for the event?
The Festival Foods Shake the Lake event zone will be free of charge and open to the public. Tickets are available for the iHeart Radio Rooftop Party to ensure the best views of the show. Find out more information here.
- Where is the Festival Foods Shake the Lake?
The Festival Foods Shake the Lake event zone will be between Broom and Blair Streets with the live music stage located on the southwest side of the Monona Terrace tunnel.
- What time does Festival Foods Shake the Lake start?
The Festival Foods Shake the Lake event zone opens at 5 pm and closes after the completion of the fireworks.
- What time do the Festival Foods Fireworks start?
- What time will food/beverage be available until?
Food and beverage will start at 5 pm and run until the end of the fireworks. To see the full lineup of event vendors, click here.
- Where are bathrooms?
Portable restroom facilities will be available in the Festival Foods Shake the Lake event zone.
- Can I bring a chair?
Yes, one chair per person and blankets will be allowed.
- Will there be any seats there already? Benches, folding chairs, etc?
No, seating will not be provided. There will be a reserved event on the Monona Terrace Rooftop. Tickets will be $15-20 to gain access to the reserved event on the rooftop and available for purchase here.
- What can be brought into Festival Foods Shake the Lake?
One small bag per person. Strollers and chairs are allowed. No food and beverage will be allowed with the exception of one clear bottle of water per person (20 oz or less) will be allowed. Only exception will be baby formula/food. No grills, coolers, and no fireworks of any kind will be allowed. There will be a bag check upon entrance.
- What bands are playing and what time?
Live music will start at 5 pm. To see the full line-up and schedule, click here. Live music will conclude prior to the start of the Fireworks at 10 pm.
- Are there other forms of entertainment at Festival Foods Shake the Lake?
Entertainment for 2019 will be announced at a later date.
- Will there be road closures?
John Nolen Drive will be closed between Blair Street and Broom Street. Times are subject to change.
- What happens in the event of a rainout?
Festival Foods Shake the Lake is a rain or shine event! In the event that the fireworks cannot be shot off on Saturday night for any reason, the show will be rescheduled for Sunday night. A decision will not be made until Saturday evening. Music, entertainment and food and beverage stands will operate as planned on Saturday night regardless of weather. Updates will be posted on the Mallards Facebook, the Facebook event page, and on shakethelake.org.
- Can I bring my pet to the event?
No, dogs and pets are not allowed in the event zone. The event zone is considered a city park and dogs are not allowed in Madison City Parks.
• The city bike path will be closed through the entire event zone from 4:00 – 11:00 PM. All bikers MUST dismount their bikes and walk them through the event zone. This will be enforced by the Madison Police Department
• There is no smoking allowed within the event zone.
• No grills, no coolers, no fireworks, no food or beverage (other than one clear bottle of water) will be allowed into the event zone.
• No weapons or firearms are allowed. [M.G.O 23.07 (2) – Unlawful Trespass After Notification]
• A slow no-wake will be enforced on Lake Monona all day on event day.
• Event management has rented out Law Park. This area, including boat launch/dock, is not available for use by the public.
• All patrons that plan to purchase beer at the event will be required to get a wristband indicating that their identification has been checked and that they are over 21.
iHeartRadio Rooftop Party
- Can I bring a chair or a blanket?
Yes, one chair per person.
- How much is a ticket?
Tickets are $17 (Will increase to $20 on June 1)
- Are there any seats there already? Benches, folding chairs, etc?
Yes, some seating, but attendees will not be guaranteed a seat unless they bring their own.
- What happens in the event of a rainout?
The rain date is TBD.
- How do I order tickets?
Click here to purchase.
- How do I get my tickets?
A ‘will call’ booth/tent will be located at the event. You can pick up tickets before the event at the Mallards Warner Park ticket office or they can be mailed to you for an additional $3 per order.
- Do kids need a ticket?
Children 2 and under do not require a ticket for the iHeart Media Rooftop Party. All other guests must have a ticket.
- Can I buy a walk up ticket to the iHeartRadio Rooftop Party?
Tickets will most likely sell out in advance, but if all tickets are not sold tickets will be available for purchase.
- Is it handicapped accessible?
Yes, both the iHeartRadio Rooftop Party and the Festival Foods Shake the Lake event site will be accessible.
For more information on the iHeart Radio Rooftop Party, click here.